- Instructor: Adam S. Sikora
- Class Meets:: MWF 10:00-10:50, 228 NSC
- Text: Calculus: Early Transcendentals, Single Variable, UB 8th Edition, by James Stewart.
Sections: 1.1-1.5, 2.1-8, 3.1-3.6, 3.8, 3.10,
4.1-4.5, 4.7,4.9, 5.1-5.5.
READ AHEAD IN THE BOOK to get the most out of lectures!
- Recitations and TAs:
You should regularly attend recitations. Questions about assigned problems should first be raised in recitation.
- C1 M 8-8:50 in Talbert 111, David Trabucco, email: djtrabuc
- C2 W 11-11:50 in Capen 110, Wuzhe Xu, email: wuzhexu
- C3 F 11-11:50 in Bell 138, Wuzhe Xu, email: wuzhexu
- Online Homework: Details soon. http://www.webassign.net
- Tests: There will be 3 in-class tests. Tentative dates: 1st week of Oct, 1st week of Nov, Dec 8.
be checked at each exam. Please bring a non-graphing calculators to tests.
- No Final Exam
will be given every week in recitation session
The lowest two quiz grades will be dropped. Additionally, some short quizzes may be given during lectures as well. The tests and quizzes are based on homework.
- Final grade
will be based on online HW (100pts) and the best 3 of the following:
- recitation and in-class quizzes (100pts)
- Test 1 (100pts)
- Test 2 (100pts)
- Test 3 (100pts)
- Hence there are 400pts in total.
91% guarantees A, assuming at least 80% on Test 3,
89% guarantees A- assuming at least 70% on Test 3,
86% B+, 83% B, 80% B-, 77%, C+, 73% C, 69% C-, 65% D+, 61% guarantees D.
I do not claim the converse. Hence, a student with 90% total score and a student with 91% total score but bad last test may both get an A as well (depending on the class score distribution).
Back to Top
Math Help Center: 110 Math. Bldg. M-F 9am-4pm. (Opens soon)
Piazza: You have received an enrollment email from piazza. All questions of non-personal nature should be posted on Piazza. (Posting complete HW solutions not allowed.) Personal questions can be emailed to me (always inlclude your class, Math141, in the text.)
office hours: TBA
Back to Top