Born: July 3, 1967
place: Umzingwane, Zimbabwe
B.Sc (1990); University of Zimbabwe; M.Sc (1992); University of Manchester
PhD (1996); University of Manchester
area of degree: Fluid Mechanics
Senior Lecturer at the University of Zimbabwe
personal or universal URL: http://22.214.171.124/science/maths/staff/sibanda.htm
Area of speciality and interest Fluid Mechanics- Boundary layer theory/high Reynolds number flow asymptotic theory.
1. Particle Mechanics (2000) (with O D Makinde). UZ Publications. ISBN: 0-908307-79-9.
2. A Mathematical Introduction to Incompressible Flow (2000) (with O D Makinde). UZ Publications. ISBN: 0-908307-78-0.
Accepted for publication
- A Mathematical Approach to Accident and Collision Reconstruction. International Journal of Management and Systems (IJOMAS) (2000).
- The effects of cooling/heating on the upper-branch stability of a boundary layer flows over a compliant boundary(with Motsa, S. S. & Gajjar, J. S. B). C.A.M.E.S (2000).
- On the upper branch stability of accelerating boundary layer flows over a compliant boundary A.M.S.E (Modelling, Measurement & Control) (2000).(with Motsa, S.S. & Gajjar, J.S.B.).
- The Hydrodynamic of Channel flow with Compliant Boundaries with heating and cooling(with Motsa, S. S & Gajjar,J.S.B). European Journal of Mathematics B/Fluids (2000).
- On the Chebychev spectral collocation method in channel and jet flows ( with S S Motsa). SAMSA Jour. of Maths (2001). Vol. 1 No. 1, 36-47.
- On the stability of compressible flow over a flat-plate(with Gajjar,J.S.B). A.M.S.E (Advances in Modelling & Analysis) (2000). Vol. 37 No. 1, 29-44.
- Steady flow in a diverging symmetric channel : Numerical study of the bifurcation by analytic continuation (with O D Makinde). Quastiones Mathematicae (2000). Vol. 23, 45-57.
- Fluid Dynamics of sliding plate (with O D Makinde). Quastiones Mathematicae (2000). Vol. 23, 59-66.
- High Reynolds number MHD steady flow in a channel of uniform width (with O D Makinde). Jour. of Inst. of Math & Comp. Sci. (Comp. Sc. Ser.) (1999). Vol. 1 No.2, 105-110.
- On suction driven flow in a channel filled with porous media (with O D Makinde & E Lungu). Jour. of Inst. of Math & Comp. Sci. (Comp. Sc. Ser.) (1999). Vol. 1 No.1, 23-28.
- Effect of viscosity variation due to variation in temperature on plane-Poiseulle flow (with O D Makinde). A.M.S.E (Modelling, Measurement & Control) (1998) Vol. 66 No.1, 33-40.
- Mathematics in the countries of South Africa: Realities and Aspirations (with E Lungu). Notices of the American Mathematical Society (1997), Vol. 44 No.5: 574-575.
- On suction driven flow and heat transfer in a pipe filled with porous media (with O D Makinde). CAMES (1998) No. 4 , 389-398.
- Computer extended series for pipe flow : effect of viscosity variation due to variation in temperature (with O D Makinde). J. of Appl. Sc. in S. Africa (1997). Vol. 3, Nos. 1 & 2, 73-78.
- Nonlinear Development of Cross-Flow Instabilities in Compressible Boundary Layer Flows (with J S B Gajjar & M M Arebi). AIAA (1996) 96 - 2159.
- The Hydrodynamic Stability of Channel flow with Compliant Boundaries ( with J S B Gajjar). Theo. and Comp. Fluid Dyn. (1996). 8: 105-129.
The web pages
MATHEMATICIANS OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA
are brought to you by
The Mathematics Department of
The State University of New York at Buffalo.
They are created and maintained
Scott W. Williams
Professor of Mathematics