Born: November 24, 1947
Birthplace: Greenville, South Carolina
Ph.D. (1979) Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Associate Professor of Mathematics at Northeastern University
personal or universal URL: http://www.math.neu.edu/~king_don/mathindex.html
Dr. King had a black Ph.D. student, Alfred Noël, who finished in 1997.
Area of Research Interests: Lie groups, Lie algebras, Weyl groups, Lie algebra cohomology, non-commutative ring theory
Dr. Donald R.King has published 6 papers:
6. Projections of measures on nilpotent orbits and asymptotic multiplicities of $K$-types in rings of regular functions. II, J. Funct. Anal. 138 (1996), no. 1, 82--106.
5. Projections of measures on nilpotent orbits and asymptotic multiplicities of $K$-types in rings of regular functions. I, Pacific J. Math. 170 (1995), 161--202.
4. The component groups of nilpotents in exceptional simple real Lie algebras, Comm. Algebra 20 (1992), 219--284.
3. Character polynomials of discrete series representations, Noncommutative harmonic analysis and Lie groups, 267--302, Lecture Notes in Math. 880, Springer, Berlin-New York,1981.
2. The character polynomial of the annihilator of an irreducible Harish\mhy Chandra module, Amer. J. Math. 103 (1981), 1195--1240.
1. Characters of irreducible Harish-Chandra modules and Goldie ranks of their annihilators, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 77 (1980), no. 10, part 1, 5616--5617.
BACK TO CONTENTS
The web pages
MATHEMATICIANS OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA
are brought to you by
The Mathematics Department of
The State University of New York at Buffalo.
They are created and maintained
Scott W. Williams
Professor of Mathematics