R. Charles Hagwood
B.S. 1973 (Mathematics), North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, NC; M.S. (Mathematics), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1975
Ph.D. (Mathematics), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, 1979
thesis: A Nonlinear Renewal Theorem for Discrete Random Variables; Advisor: Michael Woodroofe
area of degree: Statisticics
personal or universal URL: http://www.nist.gov/itl/div898/bios/hagwood.html
National Institute of Standards & Technology
Statistical Engineering Division
NIST North, Room 353
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-0001 USA
Technical Areas of Research and Consulting:: Stochastic modeling, mathematical statistics, theoretical probability, applied probability, consulting with physical scientists.
Andrew R. Chi Prize Paper Award, 1991
Ford Foundation Fellow, Stanford University, 1984-1985
Dr. Hagwood has published 22 papers in Mathematical Statistics:
22. Hagwood, C., Clough, R., and Fields. R. (1999). "Estimation of the Stress-Threshold for the Weibull Inverse Power Law," IEEE Transactions on Reliability.
20. Hagwood, C., Sivathanu, Y. and Mulholland, G. (1999). "The DMA Transfer Function with Brownian Motion, a Trajectory/Monte Carlo Approach," Aerosol Science and Technology, 30, 40-61.
19. Hagwood, C., Kacker, R., Yen, J., Banks, D., Rosenthal, L., Gallagher, L., Black, P. (1998). "Reliability of Conformance Tests", COMPSAC98, The Twenty-Second Annual International Computer Software & Applications Conference, Vienna Austria, August 19-21, 1998, pp 368-372.
18. Banks, D., Black, P, Gallagher, L., Hagwood, C., Kacker, R., Rosenthal, L. and Yen, J. (1998). "Software Testing by Statistical Methods", The Eleventh International Software Quality Week, San Francisco, CA, May 26-29, 1998., Session 8, pp 2-19.
17. Kensei, E., Hagwood, C., and Coakley, K. (1996). "Novel Method to Classify Aerosol Particles According to Their Mass-to-Charge Ratio-Aerosol Particle Mass Analyzer," Journal of Aerosol Science 27, 217-234.
16. Ehara, K., Hagwood, C. and Coakley, K. (1996). "Novel Method to Classify Aerosol Particles According to Their Mass-to-Charge Ratio-Aerosol Particle Mass Analyzer," Bulletin of NRML 45, 265-282.
15. Yudaya, S., Hagwood, C., and Simiu, E. (1995). "Exits in Multistable Systems Excited by Coin-Toss Square-Wave Dichotomous Noise: A Chaotic Dynamics Approach", Physical Review E 52, 4669-4675.
14. Coakley, K., Hagwood, C., Negiz, A. and Ehara, K. (1995). "Stochastic Modeling of a New Spectrometer," Journal of Aerosol Science and Technology 23, 611-627.
13. Hagwood, C., Ehara, K. and Coakley, K. (1995). "Motion of Charged Aerosol Particles Under Coexistence of Electrostatic and Centrifugal Forces," Journal of Aerosol Research, Japan 10, No. 1.
12. Bentz, Dale, Hwang, J. T., Garboczi, E., Synder, K., Hagwood, C., Buenfeld, N. and Scrivener, K. (1994). "Interfacial Zone Percolation in Concrete: Effects of Interfacial Zone Thickness and Aggregate Shape," Materials Science Society.
11. Simiu, E. and Hagwood, C. (1994). "Exists in Second Order Nonlinear Systems Driven by Dichotomous Noise," Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Computational Stochastic Mechanics, Spanos, P. O. and Shinozaka, M.
10. Galambos, J. and Hagwood, C. (1994). "An unreliable Server Characterization on the Exponential Distribution," Journal of Applied Probability 31, 274-279.
9. Pollack, M., Hagwood, C. and Croarkin, C. (1993). "Surveillance Schemes with Applications to Mass Calibration," NISTIR5158.
8. Galambos, J. and Hagwood, C. (1992). "The Characterization of Distribution Function by the Second Moments of the Residual Life," Commun. Statist.-Theory and Methods 21, 1463-1468.
7. Hagwood, C. (1992). "The Calibration Problem as an Ill-Posed Inverse Problem," Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference 31, 179-185.
6. Hagwood, C. (1990). "A Mathematical Treatment of the Spherical Stereology," NISTIR 4370.
5. Souders, M. Hagwood, C. and Yang. G. (1990). "The Effects of Timing Jitter in Sampling Systems," IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation and Measurements, 39, 80-85.
4. Hagwood, C. (1989). "A Renewal Theorem in Multidimensional Time," Australian Journal of Statistics, 31, 130-137.
3. Teicher, H. and Hagwood, C. (1983). "A Multidimensional CLT for Maxima of Normed Sums," Annals of Probability 11, 1048-1050.
2. Hagwood, C. and Woodroofe, M. (1982). "On the expansion for Expected Sample Size in Nonlinear Renewal Theory," Annals of Probability 10, 844-848.
1. Hagwood, C. (1980). "A Nonlinear Renewal Theorem for Discrete Random Variables," Statist.-Theory and Methods A9, 1677-1698.Research
The web pages
MATHEMATICIANS OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA
are brought to you by
The Mathematics Department of
The State University of New York at Buffalo.
They are created and maintained
Scott W. Williams
Professor of Mathematics