David Green, Jr.
B.S. Mathematics Florida A & M 1965; M.S. Nuclear Engineering University of Missouri 1970; M.S. Mathematics Michigan State University 1972 Ph.D. Mathematics Michigan State University 1976
thesis: Hopfs Bifurcation for Non-Linear Functional Differential Equations; advisor
: Professor of Mathematics and Department Head of Kettering University personal or universal URL: http://www.kettering.edu/~dgreen/
Dr. Green has been a faculty member of Kettering University in Flint, Michigan since 1977 when he was appointed Assistant Professor. He is currently Professor (since 1983) and Department Head (since 1986).
- Han, Maoan; Jiang, Katie; Green, David, Jr. Bifurcations of periodic orbits, subharmonic solutions and invariant tori of high-dimensional systems. Nonlinear Anal. 36 (1999), no. 3, Ser. A: Theory Methods, 319--329.
- Dimitrov, Boyan; Chukova, Stefanka; Green, David, Jr. The bivariate probability distributions with periodic failure rate via a hyperbolic differential equation. Differential equations and dynamical systems (Waterloo, ON, 1997). Dynam. Contin. Discrete Impuls. Systems 5 (1999), no. 1-4, 81--92.
- Dimitrov, Boyan; Chukova, Stefanka; Green, David, Jr. Probability distributions in periodic random environment and their applications. SIAM J. Appl. Math. 57 (1997), no. 2, 501--517.
- Dimitrov, Boyan; Green, David, Jr. Stochastic optimization problems under incomplete information on distribution functions. Control Cybernet. 26 (1997), no. 1, 93--110.
- Chan, Whei Ching; Green, David, Jr. Stability and bifurcation in delay diffusion models. Differential Equations Dynam. Systems 1 (1993), no. 1, 87--100.
- Alavi, Yousef; Green, David, Jr.; Liu, Jiuqiang; Wang, Jian Fang On linear vertex-arboricity of graphs. Proceedings of the Twenty-second Southeastern Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory, and Computing (Baton Rouge, LA, 1991). Congr. Numer. 82 (1991), 187--192.
- Chow, Shui-Nee; Green, David, Jr. Some results on singular delay-differential equations. Chaos, fractals, and dynamics (Guelph, Ont., 1981/1983), 161--182, Lecture Notes in Pure and Appl. Math., 98, Dekker, New York, 1985.
- Green, David, Jr.; White, Robert G. On multiparameter bifurcation in diffusion models. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 83 (1981), no. 1, 302--315.
- Green, David, Jr.; Stech, Harlan W. Diffusion and hereditary effects in a class of population models. Differential equations and applications in ecology, epidemics, and population problems (Claremont, Calif., 1981), pp. 19--28, Academic Press, New York-London, 1981.
- Green, David, Jr. Self-oscillations for epidemic models. Math. Biosci. 38 (1978), no. 1-2, 91--111.
references: MATHEMATICS REVIEWS
The web pages
MATHEMATICIANS OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA
are brought to you by
The Mathematics Department
The State University of New York at Buffalo.
They are created and maintained by
Scott W. Williams
Professor of Mathematics