Diploma of Bachelor in Engineering Mathematics (1974), Applied Mathematics Engineer, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale, Lausanne, Switzerland; Diploma of Advanced Studies (Etudes approfondies) (1977) in Mathematical Economics and Econometrics, Université Paris I, Paris, France.
Doctorate in Mathematical Economics and Econometrics, (1978) Université Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne) Paris, France; Ph.D. (1992) in Applied Industrial Engineering Mathematics, Ecole Polytechnique, Montreal (Canada),
Dr. Oumar Dioume is an Applied Mathematician from Senegal. Currently he works in Montreal.
personal or professional URL:
- 1996 2001: Director Research and Développement ; Projects Engineer ; Researcher Prestige Telecom Montréal, Canada ;
- 1995-1996: Projects Engineer and Researcher , Prestige Telecom ;
- 1992-1995: Senior Engineering Advisor , DTI Telecom Inc, Montreal, Canada ;
- 1994 CIDA APPUI Office : Expert Mandatory to assist Morrocco ONPT (National Office of Post and Telecommunications)
Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA). Consultant for Middle East Africa, Vice-Presidency
CIDA Expert mandatory from APPUI CIDA Office for technical interurban network dimensioning assistance and training to Morroco ONPT (National Office of Post and Telecommunications 1994)
Director of Academic Engineering Studies of IEEC (Interafrican Electrical Engineering College) or ESIE (Ecole Supérieure InterAfricaine de l'Electricité) in Ivory Coast : Cooperation Mandatory from EPFL ( Federal Institute of Technology or Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland) ; Deputy Cooperation Project Manager EPFL- ESIE (1980-1983)
areas of specialization include:
- Telecommunications Network Planning Engineering: Voice and data networks (traffic forecast, sites location, dimensioning, circuits routing), UMTS Voice and Data, Internet Data Traffic, ATM Dimensioning and Routing
- Dimensioning GSM Cellular Telephone Networks, Fixed Telephone Networks and Personal Communications Systems (PCS) Networks, CDMA Networks Dimensioning
- Expert of International Telecommunications Union (ITU)
- Expert of Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Fundamental methods of Operations Research and Optimization: economic, energy and transportation systems modeling; ergodic phenomena in long-term forecasts for inventory, personnel and portofolio planning;
- Teaching and Research in Engineering Mathematics; Innovations: Telecommunications and Management software-based modeling; UMTS, CDMA, GSM Networks, Internet Data Traffic, ATM Dimensioning and Routing
- A thorough understanding and a practical international experience in the implementation of science and technology projects
RECENT KEY REALIZATIONS:
- Inventor of "CAPLAN", Telecommunications Networks Dimensioning and Planning tool. "CAPLAN" has been finalized and sold
- Inventor of a new approach for the integration of a Cellular Telephone Network to a Public Switched Telephone Network by the links. This software is being finalized and will be soon in the market.
- Technical Manager, Author and CoEditor of Panafrican International Teletraffic Seminar Proceeding, Abidjan 1997
- Capacity Optimization, Dimensioning Algorithm for a CDMA Network subject to interferences and outage probability constraints
BACK TO CONTENTS
The web pages
MATHEMATICIANS OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA
are brought to you by
The Mathematics Department of
The State University of New York at Buffalo.
They are created and maintained
Scott W. Williams
Professor of Mathematics