place: Elmina, Ghana
B.A Hons(Mathematics), Dip. Ed. 1979, University of Cape Coast, Ghana; M.Sc (Functional Analysis) 1985, University of Ife (now called Obafemi Awolowo University), Ile-Ife, Nigeria
Ph.D The University of Western Australia (1999)
area of degree: Numerical Analysis/Optimal Control
Senior lecturer Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics University of the Western Cape, Cape Town, South Africa
personal or universal URL: http://maths.uwc.ac.za/~fbenyah/
Dr. Benyah' Ph.D. thesis is An Investigation into Ill-Conditioning and Regularization of Optimal Control Computation . He already had 4 publications at the time of his degree.
5. F. Benyah and L. S. Jennings, A Comparison of the Ill-Conditioning of Two Optimal Control Computation Methods. (Research Report)
4. F. Benyah and L. S. Jennings, A Review of Ill-Conditioning and Regularization of Optimal Control Computation, Optimization Methods and Applications (Editors: Yang, X.Q., Teo, K. L. and Caccetta L.), (Kluwer, 1999)
3. F. Benyah and L. S. Jennings, Ill-Conditioning in Optimal Control Computation, Proceedings of the Eighth International Colloquium on Differential Equations (ed. D. Bainov), (VSP BV, Utrecht, The Netherlands, ISBN 90-6764-279-7, 1998), 81-88.
2. F. Benyah and L. S. Jennings, Regularization of Optimal Control Computation, International Symposium on Intelligent Automation and Control (ISIAC'98) World Automation Congress, Anchorage, Alaska, TSI Press, CDROM pp. ISIAC 091.1--091.6, May 1998.
1. F. Benyah and L. S. Jennings, The L-curve in Regularization of Optimal Control Computation J. Austral. Math. Soc. B, 40(E), (Nov. 1998, E138--E172.)
The web pages
MATHEMATICIANS OF THE AFRICAN DIASPORA
are brought to you by
The Mathematics Department of
The State University of New York at Buffalo.
They are created and maintained
Scott W. Williams
Professor of Mathematics