Born: 20th March 1963
B. Sc. 1982 University
of Ife, Nigeria; M. Sc. 1985 University of Ibadan, Nigeria
Ph. D. 1989 University
of Ibadan, Nigeria
area: Mathematical Physics
of Physics and Head, Department of Physics, Department of Physics,
and Dean, College of Natural Sciences, University of Agriculture,
personal or universal URL:
Dr. Olatunde Akinlade was born in Nigeria in 1963 and studied
physics at Ibadan University where received a BS (1982), an MSc
(1985), and in 1989 he received his PhD. In 1990 he was appointed
Lecturer of Physics at the University of Agriculture, Abeokuta,
Nigeria. Subsequently he was promoted through the ranks as Senior
Lecturer = Assistant Professor, Reader = Associate Professor.
He has been Professor since 1999.
- Junior Associate of the International Center for Theoretical
Physics, Trieste, Italy (1991-1995)
- Regular Associate of the Abdus Salam International Center
for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy (1996 2001)
- Best Academic Staff on the 10th year anniversary of the University
of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Nigeria (4th February, 1998)
- Alexander Von Humboldt Foundation fellow (1998-1999)
- Member, Editorial Board of Zeitschrift fur Metallkunde (since
Dr. Akinlade concentrates his research on
the theoretical studies of thermodynamic and structural properties
of liquid metals and alloys. In 1999 he received a grant from
the Humboldt-Stiftung (AvH) which enabled him to carry on his
research for several months at the Max Planck Institute for Metallurgy
- O. E. Awe, O. Akinlade and L. A. Hussain, Thermodynamic
Properties of liquid Te - Ga and Te - Tl Alloys. (Accepted
for publication in J. Alloys and Compounds)
- O. Akinlade, L. A. Hussain and O. E. Awe Thermodynamics
of liquid Al-In, Ag-In and In-Sb Alloys from a Four - Atom Cluster
Model. (Accepted for publication in Z. fur. Metalkunde).
- O. Akinlade Structural properties of low density liquid
Selenium. (Accepted for publication in Indian J. Phys.)
- O. Akinlade and A. O. Boyo Thermodynamics and Surface
Properties of Fe-V and Fe-Ti Liquid Alloys. (Submitted to
Z. fur. Metalkunde)
- O. Akinlade and R. N. Singh (2002) Bulk and surface
properties of liquid In- Cu alloys. J. Alloys and Compds.
- O. Akinlade, Z. Badirkhan and G. Pastore (2001) Thermodynamics
of liquid metals from a new consistent optimized random phase
approximation. Z. Naturforschung A56 605 612
- O. Akinlade and R. N. Singh (2001) Surface segregation
and Surface tension in liquid Fe-Cu alloys. Z. Metallkd 92
- O. Akinlade, I. Alli and R. N. Singh (2001) Correlation
between bulk and surface phenomena in Ga-(Bi,In) and In-Bi liquid
alloys.Inter. J. Mod. Phys. B15 3039 3053
- O. Akinlade and F. Sommer (2001) Concentration
fluctuations and thermodynamic properties of ternary liquid alloys
J. Alloys and Compds. 316 226-235
- O. Akinlade, R. N. Singh and F. Sommer (2000) Thermodynamics
of liquid Al-Fe alloys. J. Alloys and Compds. 299
- O. Akinlade, A.O Boyo and B. R. Ijaduola (1999) Demixing
tendencies in some Sn-based Liquid Alloys J. Alloys and Compds.
290, 191 - 196
- O. Akinlade, B. R. Ijaduola, U.E. Vincent and G. A.
Adebayo (1999) Structural Properties of undercooled Liquid
Sodium and Ceasium. Pramana : J. Phys. 52, 631
- B. C. Anunsionwu , O. Akinlade and L. A. Hussain (1998)
Assessment of size effects on the surface properties of some
binary liquid alloys. J. Alloys and Compds. 278 ,
- G. Pastore, O. Akinlade, F. Matthews and Z. Badirkhan
(1998) Optimized random phase approximation for arbitrary
reference systems: Extremum Conditions and Thermodynamic consistence.
Phys. Rev. E57, 460 - 464
- (33) O. Akinlade, R. N. Singh and F. Sommer (1998)
Thermodynamic Investigation of viscosity in Cu Bi and
Bi Zn liquid alloys. J. Alloys and Compds. 267,
195 - 198
- (32) O. Akinlade and B. R. Ijaduola (1998) Dynamical
Structure of undercooled liquid Potassium. J. Phys: Cond.
Matt 10, 533 - 544
- (31) O. Akinlade (1998) Energetic effects in some
molten alloys of Arsenic.
Physica B245, 330 336
- (30) O. Akinlade, B. C. Anunsionwu and L. A Hussain
(1998) Structure and Ordering in Cu-Si and Ni-Si molten alloys.
Z. Fur Metkd 89, 27 31
- (29) B.C. Anunsionwu, O. Akinlade and L.A. Hussain
(1997) Modeling of Thermodynamic Properties of Bi-As2Te3 and
Tl-As2Te3 ternary alloys. Z. Für. Metkd. 88,
- (28) B.C. Anunsionwu , O. Akinlade and L. A. Hussain
(1997) A Theoretical Study of Structure and Ordering in Pb
-Bi molten alloys. Phys. Chem. Liq. 34, 1-13
- (27) O. Akinlade (1997) Higher Order Conditional
Probabilities and Thermodynamics of Binary molten alloys. Mod.
Phys. Lett. B11 , 93 - 106.
- (26) O. Akinlade , A. M. Umar and L. A. Hussain (1996)
Structure of some liquid transition metals using integral
equation theory. PRAMANA 47, 271- 281.
- O. Akinlade (1996) A nonlocal pseudopotential calculation
of the thermopower of liquid metals. Phys. Stat. Sol. (b)
198, 787- 802.
- O. Akinlade (1996) Thermodynamic Investigation
of Atomic Order in molten K-Bi alloys. Phys. Chem. Liq.
- L. A. Hussain, O. Akinlade and C.C. Uhuegbu (1996)
Local ordering and Thermodynamic properties of Bismuth - Tellurium
alloy. Physica Status Solidi (b) 195,353 - 360
- O. Akinlade (1995) Thermodynamics and the Segregation
Order transformation in Na - Bi Molten Alloys. Z. Fur
Metallkunde 86 , 552 - 556
- G. Pastore, F. Matthew, O. Akinlade and Z. Badirkhan
(1995) Numerical Solution of the Optimized Random Phase. Approximation.
Molecular Physics 84 , 653-661
- O. Akinlade (1995) Ordering phenomena in Na- Ga
and Na-Sn molten alloys.
Phys. Chem. Liq. 29, 9 - 21
- O. Akinlade and Z Badirkhan (1994) A theoretical
study of ordering phenomena in K-In and K-Sb Molten alloys.
Physica B 203 , 1 - 8
- O.Akinlade (1994) A study of segregation and Local
order in Na-In Liquid Alloys. Z. Fur Metallkunde 85,
487 - 491
- O. Akinlade (1994) Thermodynamics of Molten K-Te
Alloys. J. Phys. Cond. Matter 6 , 4615 - 4624
- O. Akinlade (1993) Long Wavelength Limit of Structure
Factor of Liquid metal from the Charged Hard Sphere Reference
System. Physica Status Solidi (b) 178 37-43
- O. Akinlade (1993) Local order and Concentration
fluctuations in K-Pb and Rb-Pb alloys. Physica B183
- Z. Badirkhan, O. Akinlade, G. Pastore and M.P.Tosi
(1992) Thermodynamics and Structure of liquid Metals:a critical
assessment of the charged hard sphere reference system J.
Phys: Cond. Matter 3 ,6173 - 6188
- O. Akinlade (1992) Thermodynamics and structure
of liquid metals from the Soft sphere reference fluid. Physica
Status Solidi (b) 169, 23 -31
- O. Akinlade, L.A Hussain and F. Matthews (1992)
A Study of the effect of Local field correction on the electrical
resistivity of Liquid metals. Physica Status Solidi
(b) 169 ,151 -155.
- O. Akinlade (1991) A nonlocal model potential calculation
of the resistivity of Liquid metals and Li- Pb alloy. Physica
B175 ,389 - 395
- J. O. A. Idiodi, E.J.D. Garba and O. Akinlade (1991)
Analytic nearest Neighbor Model for FCC metals. Surface
Physics 256, 195 - 204
- O. Akinlade (1990) A study of the structure and
thermodynamics of liquid metals based on some reference systems.
Physica Status Solidi (b) 161 , 75 -83
- O. Akinlade, S. K. Lai and M. P. Tosi (1990) Thermodynamics
and structure of liquid metals from the charged-hard- sphere
reference fluid. Physica B167, 61 - 70
- S. K. Lai, O. Akinlade and M. P. Tosi (1990)Thermodynamics
and Structure of liquid alkali metals from the charged-hard-
sphere reference fluid. Phys. Rev. A41, 5482 - 5490
- O. Akinlade, U. Marte and L.A. Hussain (1990) Electrical
resistivity of the alkaline earth metals Ca, Sr and Ba in the
50-300K temperature region. PRAMANA 34, 289 -295
- O. Akinlade and O. Belhachemi (1989) The Electrical
Resistivity of Some Lithium based liquid alloys. Physica
Status Solidi (b) 156 ,569 - 575
- O. Akinlade and L. A. Hussain (1989) Variation
of Thermopower of Alkali metals at high Temperatures Czech.
J. of Phys. B39, 766-773
- O. Akinlade , O.N. Awasthi and L.A. Hussain (1989)
Pseudopotential Calculation of the Electrical Resistivity
of Aluminum. Nigerian Journal of Science 23 ,129-132
- O. Akinlade and L. A. Hussain (1988) Temperature
Dependence of The Electrical Resistivity of Noble Metals at Constant
Volume and Constant Pressure. Indian J. of Pure &
App. Phys. 26, 523-526
- L.A. Hussain and O. Akinlade (1987) A Model Potential
and its Applications.Physica Status Solidi (b)139, K123-K128
The web pages
MATHEMATICIANS OF THE
are brought to you by
The Mathematics Department
The State University of New York at Buffalo.
They are created and maintained by
Scott W. Williams
Professor of Mathematics